Wednesday 1 February 2012

Panchakarma is finished!!!


Just a quick note to let you know that I'm alive... I made it through the 8th and last day of Panchakarma.
I arrived at the Ayurveda clinic at 8:30am and was greeted with herbal tea and then an Abyanga massage. After that I was brought to sit in front of the puja room (altar room) as the doctors chanting over me, & I proceeded to eat an entire bowl of CASTOR OIL (vomit!)  & paste of nasty herbs... oh my God I thought for sure I would never get it all down, but I did.   About 20 min later me and the toilet bowl became very good friends and I stayed in my room until 5:30pm that evening reading, studying and going to visit my friend the mr. porcelain. ;)  All I was allowed to consume all day was hot water and lemon and a few raisins.  By the end of the day I was beyond exhausted and had a wicked headache from not eating for 20 hours.   Before I left to go home they fed me a rice "porridge"(that is really more like hot rice water) which tasted DELICIOUS!   I had 3 cups of it and then they took my blood pressure one more time to be sure I was OK, which I was. Then, I was homeward bound in a rickshaw just stopping briefly at a friend's home to pick up my nightly parcel of kitchadi for supper.

I slept like a baby for almost 8 hours and had an amazing practice this morning.  Strong, light, and bendy.... catching heels in Kapotasana... wow!   And even better than that is that I feel so happy and peaceful inside my head and heart!! Like a major shift occurred.  This was the best thing I could have gifted myself with in India. I will surely do it again next year here.  I am super grateful!

Below are a few pictures of the clinic and some of my new "family members" there... these people were absolute angels! God Bless them.

Peace and Love,
Stacy








No comments:

Post a Comment