Monday 9 January 2012

A very sad morning

I have always said that India is a very magical place and thoughts manifest into action here quicker than I have ever experienced.  Last night I feel asleep at 7pm and woke at 2;30am out of a sound sleep to hear a terrible scream.  It sounded like a dog... I fell back to sleep till almost 4am.
I woke and had my coffee, emailed with many of you, took care of things at Balance and then took a bucket bath and went out for a nice long walk with my camera. I got some beautiful shots.
As I was walking back into my place of stay, the young Indian boy who has been playing with the kitten with me said "Madame... the cat" and he pointed in the road..

My sweet little kitten was laying dead in the road. At first I didn't believe it... I was dumbstruck; no thoughts in my mind made sense.. Quickly it set in and I just burst into tears.  The Indian young men who take care of this apt bldg came over.. they were surprised I think and sad to see me crying. Again, it set in in that moment how accepted both life and death are here.  The young man Ravi who is staying across the hall came out and we walked across the street to the chai stand and asked for a box.  I couldn't stop the tears and now many Indian people were stopped in the street looking at me as Ravi and I picked the kitten's body up from the street and lay it in a box.  Prakash, another sweet fellow taking care of things here, said he would burry it later.. I will try to go with him.

Ravi said "c'mon, let's go for a walk; you'll feel better. And so we did. We stopped and had a chai and he bought me a Cadbury chocolate bar... so sweet.  I did feel better but I'm still crying and so sad.
I have to walk to practice soon. I am dedicating today's practice to my kitten.

Ravi said something to me on our walk "Stacy, people and things come into our life for a reason... And for a season.  The kitten was there to teach you something and it's in a good place now with God".
The timing of this all in regards to yesterday's post is anything but a coincidence. That kitten was put here to love me.... from the very first day it jumped onto my window sill meowing so super loud.. and I was here to love it... for a short while. She is teaching me to let go and again, spend everyday to the fullest.

Yesterday I spent a good chunk of time with her.. she was so playful and feisty! A relatively large cat came into the back area and she had the "hoodspa"to actually chase it away.. it was so funny!
I'm posting some pictures below of her last day with me...
Please say a prayer for her, although I have no doubt she is in such a good place.

Love to you all...









1 comment:

  1. How amazing that you took so many lovely pictures of the kitten. That too is a gift.
    A little rabbinic advice -Try spelling "chutzpah" this way.
    Keep having a wonderful journey. I miss you.
    Love,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete